Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edgar Allen Poe
This is my first EAJ and I'm excited to do something artistically creative again after a long time of only doing commissions or trying to make stuff to sell. I'm also jumping back into enameling after a very long time away from it.

I requested EAP as he was always a favorite and after doing some genealogy stuff in the past year, I've learned he's even a distant relative. Bonus!

So, in sticking with his poetry (vs. short stories), I have a theme of connecting more than one together as an "ode to Poe" sort of idea - A Pæan. There are 5 of them - Annabel Lee, Lenore, The Raven, The Bells, and Dream-Land. I may be getting myself in way over my head by being so ambitious, but I'm thinking to do 5 links that will connect as a necklace or bracelet. I've made a lot of notes on various imagery symbols to use. Now I need to simplify it and design each link.
(08-19-2024, 04:45 PM)smiles Wrote: This is my first EAJ and I'm excited to do something artistically creative again after a long time of only doing commissions or trying to make stuff to sell. I'm also jumping back into enameling after a very long time away from it.

I requested EAP as he was always a favorite and after doing some genealogy stuff in the past year, I've learned he's even a distant relative. Bonus!

So, in sticking with his poetry (vs. short stories), I have a theme of connecting more than one together as an "ode to Poe" sort of idea - A Pæan. There are 5 of them - Annabel Lee, Lenore, The Raven, The Bells, and Dream-Land. I may be getting myself in way over my head by being so ambitious, but I'm thinking to do 5 links that will connect as a necklace or bracelet. I've made a lot of notes on various imagery symbols to use. Now I need to simplify it and design each link.

I was wondering who would do Edgar Allen Poe!  Can't wait to see the imagery you create...

Good luck!
Sandra
Smile
(08-19-2024, 04:45 PM)smiles Wrote: This is my first EAJ and I'm excited to do something artistically creative again after a long time of only doing commissions or trying to make stuff to sell. I'm also jumping back into enameling after a very long time away from it.

I did the jam last year and had a blast, really made me think outside the box. The link idea is a good way to go. I like Poe as well so look forward to seeing what you come up with.