Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome to the JAM!
(07-02-2024, 02:18 PM)Sandra Wrote: Hi everyone, my name is Sandra McEwen and I am hosting the Enamel Art Jam.  I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone creates this year.

Good luck!
Sandra
Smile

Hi, Everyone! I am Nancy Lee and this is my first Enamel art  jam. I am self taught and mostly work in larger scale enameled pieces. I’m excited about my poet, and have read a few of her poems. They do speak to me and I feel like I will be working in alignment with her words and imagery.
Hi, I guess I posted in the wrong spot. I'm from San Diego, CA and love Sandra's push to get us thinking about ways to expand our enamel art. I'm using a palace in Zaria, Nigeria (where my poet is from and refers to in a poem) as my inspiration. Can't wait to see progress photos from everyone!
HI everyone, I'm new to Enamel Jam and my poet is Alfred Lord Tennyson. He was often a gloomy guy and his poetry reflected that. So,I selected a poem of his entitled The Flower, because, enough of this gloomy stuff. I decided to make a ring, a big ring, with an abstract flower on it. I've completed the enameling on sintered fine silver and also completed fabricating the ring and I'm about to tumble the ring in my magnetic finisher to prepare the surface for a LOS patina and will patina both the ring and the enameled element. After that, I'll check for any flaws and stray enamel specks I might have missed, clean them up, and set the enamel in its bezel. Whew!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)